Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

High quality, great value!

Sail Date: April 07, 2014

The Ruby Princess has renewed my faith in cruises.  With my only previous cruise being on Carnival Inspiration, I had a very negative view of cruises, and didn't see myself ever going on another one.  A friend convinced me that this would be fun to bring our 2 10 yr olds for spring break, so I decided to give it a try.  So glad I did!  A few things stick in my mind...The ship is beautiful.  We were upgraded from oceanview rooms to balconies, the staff was wonderfully attentive, but not at all overbearing.  The kids were thoroughly entertained, and while they had over 120 kids in my child's age range, you wouldn't know it.  Older clientele on this cruise made for a very peaceful voyage.  No crazy spring breakers on this cruise.  Seas were a bit rough, and prevented us from being able to tender in at Cayman, but the  Comodore of the ship made sure we had good weather as we meandered slowly, straight to Ft. Lauderdale from Cozomel.  Food was good and plentiful.  I wish the waiters would've come up to the upper decks of the pool more often - on Carnival, we felt bombarded by waiters wanting to sell us drinks every 5 minutes, while this waitstaff seemed to ignore upper decks overlooking the pool.  Activities on board were fun and varied!  We had anytime dining, and never had a problem getting a table by ourselves.  Highly recommend this cruise - hope to do it again!

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman weren't able to go to Grand Cayman, due to poor weather.

There are two main pools - the Calypso pool has a large screen and shows movies all day long...the other pool has more of a party atmosphere. Nice to have a choice!