Not A Lot To Do

Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

4 Night Eastern Caribbean Sampler (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 03, 2014
Ship: Ruby Princess

As an experienced cruiser, I was more than a little disappointed with this cruise.  Princess is the only cruise line that I had not yet cruised with and I had high expectations, but I most likely will not be back.  The food was very unimpressive, the service was often times prickly and not as friendly as other lines I have been on, and the big criticism was lack of things to do.  With 2 teenagers in tow, I was hoping there would be many things to do, but the biggest things for kids to do is swim and watch the movie that plays on the outdoor jumbotron screen.   No water slides, no wave pool, no rock climbing....there were ping pong tables, a very bare mini golf course, and a basektball hoop though.  There ws a great comedian on board one night, but the magician was very disappointing.  His show lasted for a total of 35 minutes.  Overall, it was a nice relaxing time and would probably be nice for a low key older couple with no kids.

Not a great selection on food. Breakfast was good, but lunch and dinner were disappointing.

Very adult and alcohol oriented.....my teenagers got to see how important alcohol is to some people at 10:00am....crew led poolside contests involving alcohol daily at 10a

Not a lot of selection.

Are they there for me, or am I there for them? I was told on more than 2 occassions by the female bartender that she would be right with me....as she proceeded to wipe up the bar, wash and put glasses away, and take care of food trays. Really?

Have never sailed in an inside cabin before, but this ship only has port holes and small windows for outside cabins that do not allow much light and are not worth the extra 140.00 per person.