Princess treats you like royalty

Royal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Royal Princess

5 Night Caribbean Sampler (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 22, 2016

Ship: Royal Princess

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: A535

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I took the cruise to "get away" and I fully enjoyed the relaxation. I had a balcony cabin with an expansive view of the ocean. The curtains remained open day and night. The Royal Princess is huge with fantastic engineering stabilizing the vessel in the 6 foot seas we had on my trip. There are too many places to eat, so save your dieting for another time. Food was excellent quality and plenty of variety that changed on a daily basis. I am a fan of the food court and did not even use the dining room. I like the International Cafe that stays open 24 hours. One evening, I just felt like quiet time and ordered room service. The first time I ever did that over decades of cruising. The ship offered plenty of activities and also privacy. It is a beautiful ship and hard to believe it holds 3500 passengers. Yes, I would sail on the Royal Princess again! Don't forget to take advantage of the spa. They have great massages!

Ship experiences

Cabin was small but ample. It had a small refrigerator which is nice to have. Cabin was spotless and my steward always close by. Nice big sliding glass doors to the balcony to allow for a great view of the ocean I love.

Ship tip

Get ready to enjoy your vacation!

Ports of call

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Remote small town. A small shopping center has been built to cater to ship passengers. I would recommend taking a tour of your liking.

Cozumel is relatively safe as tourism is their bread and butter. However, remain observant of your surroundings.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida