Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Outstanding customer care

Sail Date: September 10, 2010

This was my mother's first cruise. She had a mild stroke about 10 days prior to sailing. She was overwhelmed by the size of the ship at the dock, but the staff were so attentive and helpful that she was soon very comfortable and enjoyed herself immensely. The ship was spotless! Everywhere we looked something was been scrubbed, vaccuumed, or painted. However, I wish that there was a better way to make the stewards' carts more inobtrusive. The hallways are narrow and with the carts in there, it is ovten difficult to get sown the hallways, particularly if you are assisting someone or in a wheelchair.

Pros: The staff was so attentive and caring with my mon, who had a stroke less than 2 weeks prior to the cruise

Cons: The menu variety in the dining room could have been improved

Recommends Rhapsody of the Seas? Yes!

The quality of the food was good, but the variety of the food could have been improved. I would have loved pork tenderloin medallions as a choice, instead of multiple selections of fish every night.
The staterooms were spotless and well appointed, but dated. It is time to redo the staterrooms with flat-screen TV's and built in hair dryers, etc. Also, cell phone reception and wifi was very unpredictable on Deck 4.
Typically cruise ship entertainment, nothing exceptional. Re: Lance Ringnald, I kept wondering why he was doing a hokey cruise ship act and not coaching or involved in gymnastics - it reminded me of stories about Babe Diedrickson being pushed into Vaudeville.
Spotless, and the purel dispensers were a nice touch.
Outstanding. As I said, my mother was recuperating aboard. Whenever I needed a wheelchair or assistance, it was right there. Our waiter, Bagus, understood that my mom was a little wobbly and took her arm and escorted her to the table every meal. Igede, our steward, placed an icebag next to her bed every night after being asked for one icebag early in the trip. She recovered by leaps and bounds on the cruise, largely in part due to the attentiveness of the crew.
Juneau, Alaska
Nice tour, nice town, excellent shuttle service.
Skagway, Alaska
No restaurants within walking distance or in the downtown, hardly. Nice tour to White pass.
Ketchikan, Alaska