An Average Cruise...

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 02, 2006
Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas
We thought the cruise was average. There was definitely nothing outstanding, and I felt that the boat was in average repair. It definitely could use some repairs. There was a need for new carpet almost everywhere, and paint and or repairs to the walls were needed too.

The dining room dinners were very good. The Windjammer food, or casual dining room, was average. The room service was horrible, everything that was supposed to be hot was delivered cold, and all of the cold food was delivered luke warm.

I would have to say the Cruise Director was a bit hoaky. The activities that seem to be on every Royal Carribean boat were the same, and ok. Some of the jokes this cruise director told were said by other cruise directors. Some of the shows were not up to paar. I have seen better entertainment and shows on other Royal Carribean boats.

Out of all the ships I have been on, I think the staff on this boat was the most friendly and eager to assist. This went a long way considering we were not very happy with the accomodations.

I didn't see anything outstanding about this ship. It was very typical for Royal Carribean, and I think that the whole ship could use an over haul.

I was most unhappy with our stateroom. The carpets looked worn out. The walls in the shower had black mold. The Walls in the cabin was scraped and nicked up. The cabinets were scraped up too. The bed was an absolute DISASTER! The mattress were worn out, and extremely uncomfortable.
I always love to go to Grand Cayman, but was absolutely horrified by the devastation. This island is usually perfect, in every way. No trash or problems. But, I can't say that for this trip. There was just devastation everywhere. But, we took the excursion to Spanish Bay Resort, and had a wonderful time. The snorkeling was great, the accomodations were great, and we enjoyed the excursion.
Don't Miss: Stingray Swim & Snorkel, Spanish Bay Resort
Cozumel was the most devastated of all the ports of call. It is absolutely leveled compared to last year. We took the Fiesta Party Boat, and it was a great excursion. Probably my favorite of the three days. It was very fun and light. The Playa Mia beach trip which is part of the excursion was beautiful. I highly recommend the excursion.
Don't Miss: Fiesta Party Boat
We went on a kayak excursion which was very nice. The wild life was beautiful, and the water was very warm and comfortable. The guides were very helpful as well. Keep in mind, there is still a lot of devastation from last years hurricanes. Boats grounded, trees damaged, etc.
Don't Miss: Duvall Street was a lot of fun and very eccentric.

Pros: Fiesta Party Boat in Cozumel, Mexico

Cons: Boat Facilities