Regal Princess Scandinvian cruise

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

26 Night Scandinavia & Russia Grand Adventure (Copenhagen To New York)
Sail Date: August 31, 2015
Ship: Regal Princess
Cabin Number: M223

My interior stateroom was comfortable and roomy for a cruise ship. Housekeeping was excellent. Room was always clean and tidy. The food on the buffet was excellent. Many choices for me being a Vegan. However, the dining room was not very accommodating for a Vegan diet so we only ate there once the whole cruise. The gym was small but never crowded when I went.  The spa was one of the nicest I have seen on a cruise ship but it was not complimentary. You had to pay $199.00 for access to it. For a ship this large they did not offer much in amenities. It had a plaza, several pools, and hot tubs, jogging track, and basketball court. I have been on other ships this large where there are rock climbing walls, mini golf course, ice skating rink, aqua park, zipline, etc. The Regal did have these thus I would not recommend this cruise for families as it mostly caters to the over 50 population. The movies under the stars had nice selection. The hows were of good variety, however, a Broadway musical would have been a nice touch.

As for the ports of call, they were spectacular. This cruise offered some of the best shore excursions I have been on. St Petersburg was awesome. Germany was charming. Norway, Sweden, and Finland had their charm and Tallinn was like stepping back in time 700 years. Very elegant medieval town.

Overall I would highly recommend this cruise for a couple who enjoys the Nordic culture.

Buffet had the best selection of vegan dishes I have yet to see on a cruise ship.

Not many activities for famlies. Activies gearded for 50 + crowd. No ice rink, aqua park, mini golf course, zipline, roller skating rink, arcade, etc.

Main dining room not very accomading for a Vegan and gluten free diet.

Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping our room clean. Room was good size for interior cabin. Bed was comfortable.

Great cruise for couples. Only seen 3 kids on bord the whole ship. Mostly 50 plus crowd. Would not reccommend for families with children. Not much for kids to do on the ship.