The Baltic Was a Ball!

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

11 Night Scandinavia & Russia (Copenhagen Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 29, 2015
Ship: Regal Princess
Cabin Number: D504

Not really knowing what to expect from a Baltic Cruise, I have to say we had a great time. There were a few exceptions to that statement, but overall it was wonderful.

The food wasn't near as good as I was expecting. Most meat dishes were tough. The steak (on steak night) had so much tenderizer on it, that I had to scrape it off to eat it.
Breakfasts were fine as were lunches, although it wasn't clear where we should go for meals except for dinner. The hamburgers up by the pool were as tough and grizzly as any I've ever seen!

The exception here was our cabin steward. It seems that this was his first cruise as he failed to get most anything right. We had to ask specifically for things we wanted and needed, including a request to change our sheets and linens. Could we get ice everyday: Nope. Would he replace the can of Coke that my wife drank: Nope. Overall, he became a sad joke. The rest of the staff couldn't have been better, which may be why our steward looked so bad.

The cabin was fine with a good design and more room than I expected. The steward was another story: see above!

My wife and I aren't big on crowds, so when I discovered the room service menu, we were delighted. We knew we could have a continental breakfast any day on our balcony, but a full meal was wonderful... sadly, I didn't learn about this until the last day. Maybe better service by our steward would he