Disappointing Cruise

Regal Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

11 Night Scandinavia & Russia (Copenhagen Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 13, 2015
Ship: Regal Princess

I agree with other reviewers about the poor layouts in the buffet area, the lack of promenade deck, central elevators without stairs as well. Overcrowded dining in buffet. Poor service in many areas. One example, I ordered a Diet Coke with my lunch in the Horizon Court and the waitress stopped to clean some tables and tidy the drink area before even going for my drink. Then she brought it and dropped the can as she served it. She then had to go back for another which took forever. My lunch was totally cold by the time I got my drink. This spilling of drinks happened twice as they were not paying attention to what they were doing.

Too much upselling products and services. Very annoying. Disliked the production shows... good talent but poor themes and too sexy. Would have liked more shows related to the areas we were visiting.I did enjoy the in room entertainment via the port talks, port information, and on demand movies and TV. That was a really nice feature. Waiters were friendly with each other but seemed really bored and uninterested in passengers. Maybe the "required" gratuity system has caused service to disintegrate as there is no real incentive toward excellent service. Have cruised on 5 other cruise lines and the service, entertainment, and general ship layout were much better. This is my first cruise on a "mega" ship and I'm disappointed. I will NOT cruise Princess again based on my experience with other cruise lines.

Food was good. Buffet layout was terrible. Specialty restaurants not worth extra charge.

Not impressed. Ok if you like Trivia. Bingo has become big business instead of fun.

Entertainment was in poor taste. Not impressed.

Poor service in many areas. Language issues. Staff seemed bored and uninterested.

New ship. Poor layout.

Smaller cabins than some. Good bathroom.

I booked a cabin midship with a "partial obstruction" view, better priced but it was a great location and the view was totally fine. Liked the E deck.

Did an add on at the end of our cruise. Stayed at Crown Plaza near the airport but there was a great Metro train that took us to downtown area in just a few minutes. Easy to do and very convenient. They also have a free airport shuttle.
Did the tour including Sculpture Garden, Folk Museum, and Ski Jump. Just great. Guide was lovely. Not too strenuous, but learned a lot.
Loved the Berlin on your own with the train from the port to Berlin. Easy to do. Good meeting place for tour to end. Saw everything on the Hop on Hop Off.
Loved the Old City. Took a taxi to the top and walked down. Took taxi back to ship. Lots of walking but lovely town. Good shopping.
Peterhof fountain gardens, Catherine's Palace, Faberge Museum (not on Princess itinerary)
Vasa museum is must see. Had a great lunch. Rest of tour was so so. Overpriced for what we did.