Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Regal Princess is worth the experience

Sail Date: November 09, 2014

Food was solid for a big ship.  Loved the specialty restaurant Crown Grill.  This was far superior than the Italian restaurant - Sabatini's.  Given that the surcharge is the same, I would not spend it again at Sabatinin's.  The food here was OK - I think the menu is weak.  Completely the opposite experience at the Crown Grill.  Princess also does some little things very nice in the buffet restaurant.  After you order your omelet,  you can go enjoy the rest of your breakfast and they deliver the omelet to you.  This is different from other cruise lines where you stand on line forever.  Their pizza specialty restaurant (included) was very good pizza.  The bars on this ship are wonderful - comfortable, etc..

I felt my housekeeping was weaker than expected.  The floors were not vacuumed thoroughly.  Additionally, the staff never asked if I wanted something more.  Always got more attentive housekeeping - so I was surprised.  Standard outside cabin felt a little small - but was adequate.  I cannot believe on a new ship they still use shower curtains that magically have a way to stick to your body.  I can't imagine that they are cleaned thoroughly between cruises, but I hope so.

Public space on the ship is great.  This ship takes a little getting used to logistically but there is good reason for this - it enables them to expand their great public space.

We docked in St. Maarten and St. Thomas - which is great.  Shockingly, we have to tender to their own private island which makes the allure of getting off the ship a little less desirable

Overall - a solid experience -

Brand new ship - does not dissapoint
Better than average - but just cannot say "great". Crown Grill and Pizza is excellent
Can't stand curtains in showers. Go with doors. Housekeeping was weaker than expected
Service outside of housekeeping was indeed great.
Children's Programs Not applicable
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Taxis were not there upon disembarkation
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Can't believe one has to tender to their private island.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Go for larger balcony stateroom (I think they call it a mini-suite) - but it is really just a larger stateroom