Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Nice, but hard to navigate ship.

Sail Date: November 09, 2014

This was my 2nd Princess cruise, and 10th overall.  I have also been on HAL, NCL, RCI, Cunard, Carnival and Celebrity.  Celebrity and HAL exceed this ship on both meals and service.  The fitness facilities on board are very good.  the balcony room was much smaller than most cruises I have been on even for interior and OV rooms.  The buffet is the best, and nicely appointed, than any I have encountered at sea.  The Piazza is the gem of the ship - very nice.  The entertainment was very good.  The pool at the back of the ship woulda been nice adding a hot tub.  The movies at sea are still nice.  I liked the pizza and burgers for a quick snack whenever your returned from port.  The check-in is slower than most.

We found it hard to navigate the ship and being that the ship is new, some of the crew wasn't much help either.  And, in there is a stairway that goes to deck 7 and stops.  ??!!

If you like Princess, you will probably love this ship.

Cruise Photos

so so
They could use some work on learning the ship
Children's Programs n/a
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
3rd time here. Last time to St. John - favorite. this time to Coki Beach, loved it too.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Prefer beach away from town. however, for $25 got: two chairs with cushions, umbrella, and bucket of 6 beers.

The balcony was wonderful. Smoking cigars only in Churchill's (inside) and not being able to smoke where others do isn't fair.