Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Just off the Regal Princess

Sail Date: November 16, 2014

I am a fan of Princess and this ship did not disappoint. Understated elegance at its finest!  The food was delicious, the service impeccable, and the ship itself is just beautiful. My favorite haunts were the Allegro Dining Room, Vines Wine Bar (Petey and Darshan provided stellar service) and Crooners Lounge late. The fountain pool is spectacular when lit up at night. I'm not normally a big show person (I love Broadway, it's just not the reason I cruise!) but "Fiera" was an exceptional performance. The sets, costumes, and performances were unique and Broadway quality. The deluxe balcony cabin was comfy for two but I'm not certain I would pay again for the upgrade to the deluxe balcony. You do have a loveseat instead of two chairs but who really sits in a loveseat? The skywalk is an interesting feature. Important note: If you are staying in cabins on the deck directly below it, everyone is able to see your balcony from the glass in the floor of the skywalk.

For anyone visiting St. Maarten for the first time, be prepared for a bit of a walk to catch a water taxi into town. It's easy walking but a longer distance than at most docks.