Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Princess Succeeds

Sail Date: November 09, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The ship is very beautiful, however a mistake was made in the design of this ship as well as the Royal.  There are no mid ship stairs after deck 7, so if you cabin is located in the middle and you only want to go up 1 floor, you are forced to take the elevator and there were long wait times for this.  I booked a mini suite and the cabin was one of the most spacious and comfortable cabins I was ever in.  Having said this, they could have easily taken off 1 to 2 feet and added it to the balcony.  The balcony was small and only had barely enough room for 2 people.  This again is a flaw in the design of this ship.  My cabin steward was one of the best I have every had and the crew was helpful and attentive.  Princess changed their menu and while in the Caribbean the menu had more of a Caribbean flare.  I was not happy with this.  For instance, on the always available portion of the menu, there used to be shrimp cocktail.  Now with the Caribbean menu it was shrimp cocktail with all the Caribbean spices.  I could have done without this change.  The food was really great and lots of choices. The new large atrium is a great hub of entertainment.  All and all, I would rate this as a 4.5 stars.

Children's Programs did not use it
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Princess Cays (Cruise Line Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping is great. Megans bay is one of the top beaches in the world and you can easiler catch a taxi or shuttle
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
This island is half Dutch and Half French. Explore front street on the Dutch side.

Best place to be is near the front or back elevator. There are no midship stairs so you have to use an elevator even to go up or down 1 floor to your cabin.