Regal Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great ship, minor kinks to work out

Sail Date: November 09, 2014

I have been on Princess several times and there are certain things you should always expect. Great service, beautiful ships, unique public spaces that each have their own atmosphere. This ship is no different. I wasn't in one public space that I didn't feel comfortable in.

I was economical on this trip, since I was traveling as a single. I sailed in an inside cabin. The room was efficient and was well laid out. The closet was huge. Honestly a little less closet and a few more drawers would have been helpful. I had plenty of space but two people's clothes or even 4 (which this cabin would sleep) would have been pushing it.

My one complaint was with the technology in the cabin. The flat screen was beautiful but notable, the system would lock up frequently and not stream content, even music content. I would have expected better tech on a brand new ship. Obviously not something they decided to sink money into.

As usual, the specialty dining was exquisite. In the main dining rooms, the food was good. I didn't starve but nothing blew my socks off. The bars all served great drinks at respectable resort prices.

One suggestion for the morning buffet. They have servers who bring coffee and juice to the table. Very nice touch, but they need more of them! Several mornings I was almost done with breakfast before they got to me. Everybody was working hard, they just had too many people to get to effectively.

All in all, I would recommend this ship. I think they have some things to shake out on the service side but overall it was a wonderful experience.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Pack your patience.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The Greengo Cantina down Hibiscus Alley. Great food and drink.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
ask a local for a restaurant suggestion. worked great for me!

Try the specialty dining, you won't be disappointed.