Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Alaska: Beautiful; Royal Caribbean: Boring

Sail Date: May 29, 2015

Although I have been on multiple cruise with various cruise lines, this was my first with Royal Caribbean. Since this was the beginning of the Alaska cruise season, I had expected staff to be very friendly and welcoming. Instead most seemed like they were just "phoning it it" offering almost a forced friendliness. At no time did I feel that RC valued my patronage. Food was unmemorable; activities uninspiring; excursions expensive; entertainment mediocre. Would I cruise with them again? Maybe, but they would definitely not be my first choice. The beauty of Alaska is definitely worth visiting. I recommend taking along a few friends, though, so you won't be too bored when on board ship.

Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Took the Hop On/Hop Off Bus in the morning before boarding the ship. Was a great way to see the city.
Skagway, Alaska
As I had previously been to Skagway, did the glassblowing tour. It was a fun a and different way to spend the morning.
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Due to inclement weather was unable to cruise the glacier.