Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

B-day at sea

Sail Date: October 04, 2009

Friends and I booked this as a quick trip so I could have my B-day at sea.  We started with a night in San Diago.  took the train down from L.A.  The Holiday Inn on the Bay picked us up at the train station for free.  For dinner we took the Trolly into Old Town and ate at Rocking Baja,  Great drinks in glasses big enough to be a bird bath. The Hotel dropped us at the ship for free the next morning.

Check in at the ship went smooth and quick.  The ship was clean and had a good lay out.   Nice size ship, not to big.  MDR service was great and they sang Happy B-day to me.  Service on the ship was great,  not sure if it was just the ship or because we were buying wine at $100.00 a bottle a couple times a day.  we did get comped Chocolate covered Strawberries when in the Champagne Barr and a Cheese and fruit tray in the Schooner bar.

this was the first time I splurged for a balcony cabin.   I loved it,  slept with the door open a bit to hear the waves,  ordered breakfast on the balcony most mornings.  It did spoil me to wanting a balcony after trying it.

The guitar player in the casual dinning was good.
San Diego, California
The train is just 2 blocks form the port. Rocking Baja in Old town great drinks and food.
Ensenada, Mexico
this trip we went to the blow hole.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico