Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Mediocre at best.

Sail Date: April 16, 2006

I was blown away by the spectacular entrance, but my impression quickly deteriorated after the first hour.

I had sailed Royal Caribbean before, to Alaska, and loved it. I took my granddaughter on this cruise for her 16th birthday and wanted to give a extra special trip, so I booked this cruise. We weren't even out of the port when we began having one disappointing thing after another. I won't go into the specifics, but it involves the safety of my granddaughter and a crew member.. I doubt that I will book with Royal Caribbean again. I will return to the cheaper and not so lavish cruiseline that I took for my previous four cruises.

Pros: Our Cabin Steward, Charles.

Cons: The food.

Our cabin steward, Charles was always willing to help with special requests, leaving extra chocolates for my granddaughter, making towel animals, and even trying to help repair a broken zipper.
The quality of the food was disappointing. The food in the Windjammer was never hot, and sometimes bordered on being cold. I mentioned this to several of the staff but they just had a "oh well" attitude.
Much smaller than on previous cruises. The beds were horrible.
Very clean.