Queen Victoria Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

7 Nights, 4 Countries

Sail Date: September 12, 2015

Cabin: 1085

We started in Rome.  Had to skip Cinque Terra because of a strike, which was unfortunate  because I absolutely LOVE Cinque Terra.  Went to Livorno instead.  Rome is nice, but a big city.  I have difficulty walking, and the walking in Rome is tuff.  It'd like walking on uneven, terrazzo tile.  But the food was great!  Instead of Cinque Terra, we ventured to Florence, which was smaller than Rome and easier to walk.  Enjoyed that immensely!  Then on to Monaco.  Unfortunately, the group I was with decided to do Monaco on their own.  I would have much preferred an excursion.  We went to Eze, a nice scenic town, but I missed all the sites in Monaco, and I'm still upset.  My own fault though.  Then on to Barcelona, a very nice big city. Took a great panoramic tour.   Didn't see enough of Gaudi's artwork though.  The lines were quite long, so we skipped it.  Sorry we did though.  Many people say it was the highlight of their trip.  Then on to Corsica, which surprisingly was my favorite port.  The French weren't quite as friendly, but the fact that the scenery, food, and tour were all superb made this my favorite port!  Probably because walking is difficult for me, I prefer smaller towns, so I loved this place!

Cruise Photos

Steward, Danny was wonderful!
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Vatican is a must!
La Spezia (Cinque Terre), Italy I love Cinque Terra!..Have been there previously and stayed in Rio Maggiore. Absolutely fantastic! Unfortunately, we didn't go there this cruise because of a strike. Definitely missed a memorable stop.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Don't know. Really screwed up because we didn't take an excursion.
Barcelona, Spain Take the Panoramic excursion! Gives a great overview of the city. Hit points of interest on the 2nd day.
Ajaccio, Corsica
Stop for lunch at a cafe and try the mussels, and or the crepes. Don't miss dessert.