Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Paid for Balcony - Not able to use for 2 of the 7 days.

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

NCL and its ship board staff are not guest friendly. They do not correct problems and because they consider this a captive market do not care about their guests once you are on the cruise.
My husband and I enjoy balconies so we always book them. We have booked ocean views a couple when cruising with other people. Those views were ocean views exceed what we had on POA's balcony view. For 2 of the 7 days cruise had smelly crane structures inches from our balcony cabin with no access to our balcony. I asked to be moved. It took six hours for guest services to escalate it to the Guest Services Manager who took another 24 hours to escalate it to the Miami office. In the interim I wrote to the Captain and met with him and the senior staff and got no results. Told that Miami office denied my request. When I got back from the cruise I called the Guest Services and was on hold for approximately three hours and finally made contact through a chat consultant who connected me to Miami guest services only to be finally be told by a rude, uncooperative guest services agent that complaints are handled via email. When I asked to speak to her manager, she refused to let me speak to management.  So be very careful when you choose NCL. I am getting ready to write a more detailed letter to the Board of Directors of NCL.  I found that NCLhas no urgency to resolve issues or to accommodate guests when things go wrong.

I have cruised on many cruise lines, none so arrogant.

Cruise Photos

NCL and POA lack in guest services area,