Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Great time, but then again....we were in Hawaii so that is expected

Sail Date: July 25, 2015

We had a great time in Hawaii and on the ship. We had a balcony room so we had to chance to get away from the crowds when necessary but we could still be outside and enjoy the views. I haven't decided yet if I like the freestyle dining...I do like the fact that there are options, but I also look back on the 2 previous cruises I have taken that had assigned seatings and some of my fondest memories were the relationships we established with our waiters. Also, the 2 main dining rooms had the exact same menu so other than a slight difference in dress code there wasn't really a reason for them to be separate since they both had the same menu. Cruise ships have a reputation for having great food; this ship has good food. One of the best descriptions I heard was that while some ships may be compared to Ruth's or Morton's the Pride of America (at least in the main dining rooms) is more like Outback. The crew was friendly, the entertainment was really good, but there were some times when it seemed more like what I would expect on a Carnival cruise; I haven't been on Carnival, but they do have a reputation for being kind of wild.

The wide variety of excursions was excellent and we took advantage of them 6 of the 7 days.

If you are expecting the excellence of Princess or Royal Carribean you won't get that, but you will have a great time in a beautiful place.

Cabin was nice, great views from the balcony
Cabin steward was great, cruise staff really good, wait staff was fair...actually the staff in the buffet was really good, the staff in the two main dining rooms were fair.
Great meal at the Teppanyaki restaurant; food overall was very good; Cadillac Diner was really disappointing.
Honolulu, Oahu
Honolulu is like every other big city in the US except for the fact that it is right on the ocean.
Kahului, Maui