Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Third Mate

Don't Waste Your Time or Money

Sail Date: March 07, 2015

A real concern while cruising is cleanliness to me.  Our cabin was dirty when we checked in.  An old dried up lei was on the patio table and the table was full of cup rings and splatters.  Chairs were dirty.  The bed was nicely made, but the bathroom had not been touched except for the clean towels.  Called our steward and she said she was leaving for vacation but would clean our room.  That night the supervisor came to our cabin and asked if the room was clean.  We thanked him for his concern.  Upon returning to our room the second day the bathroom had not been cleaned.  One would think our room would have been spotless as we had complained about it on the first day.  Called the supervisor who inspected the bathroom and pointed out some areas of concern that I had overlooked.  Our room was fine for the rest of the trip.  Ate breakfast only at the buffet and found the service very poor.  Coffee urns were broken, orange juice dispensers constantly empty.  Once we noticed that the bottom of one dispenser was overflowing and notified a staff member who told us to go tell this other person he pointed to.  well we did tell that person who did not even acknowledge us, just started fixing the dispenser.  The rest of the trip I kept thinking if the ordinary areas that people see were not being maintained, what was going on in the kitchens and the air distribution?  Sounds odd, but I believe that if the external areas are neglected, the culture of that ship is compromised.  Therefore, we will never take a Norwegian Cruise again.  This was my second NCL trip and I am very surprised at the Pride of America's lack of leadership.

Children's Programs Didn't experience.
Was not cleaned properly. Had to get a supervisor involved and after that the room was fine.

Stay away is my tip. The bad exceeds the good in my experience. Never sailing with NCL again. Many options available for cruising.

1 Comment