Not as Fun as I though

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Hawaii (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 03, 2014
Ship: Pride of America

I just got back from this cruise. The itinary for this ship was amazing, but the ship it self lack entertainment. I am a big cruiser, and I am used to ships providing a lot of entertainment to the guest, but on this ship the entertainment was not as great.

There were no night clubs, no comedy clubs/shows. The cruise didn't even have water slides, or any other activities.

The parties were boring, and no passengers attended any of the parties. Most of the crew members attended the parties. At night, the ship was dead. No entertainment or anything to do after 10:00PM. The cruise is more of an older crowd. I wonder if its like this all year around. Everyone I met were over fifty.

The itenaries on the plus side were great. I loved being out on the ship, and exploring different parts of hawaii.

I wish the ship had more to do on board, and the crowd was more active.

The staff did not treat us well, and usually gave us a generic answer for all questions. Any concerns we had, they told us they would look into it.

Overall, the cruise experience was OK, not the best for entertainment.

The food was OK, I didn't really like any of the food served in the dining room. The dining room staff looked overworked, tired, and were not all dressed neat/appropriately. I observed one of the girls scratching her hair, and then serving the food.

The cabin was more spacious than I expected

I love the Cadillac. You can get buffalo wings and other diner foods there. YUM

I loved this port. Volcanoes, and beautiful scenary.