Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Rolling ship, Poor food

Sail Date: February 23, 2013

This was my second cruise, the first being to Alaska on the Diamond Princess. Even though our Alaska trip included going through a gale, the ship was pretty steady. Not with the POA. Even in relatively calm waters the ship rolled...side to side and front to back. Made for some hard walking at times! Then the food...yuck! I am not a picky eater. In fact, if I don't have to cook it I'm usually pretty happy with anything. The first day or so was okay but the poor quality and all the unneeded sauces on stuff found me wanting some food that wasn't prepared by the POA chefs. I'm not sure how a prime cut of steak could be ruined but they managed. And the buffet leaves a lot to be desired too. The food was consistently bad. The choices were very limited and the quality was exceedingly poor. I have never had a burnt boiled egg before this cruise. The egg was hot and when I let it set long enough to peel the first part of the egg white I see is a brown-yellow...burnt egg. Not good! The only thing going for this cruise was the itinerary. For a first time visitor to the islands it's the way to go. But next time we're definitely not sailing with NCL!
Honolulu, Oahu
Kahului, Maui
Don't miss the Haleakala sunrise!
Hilo, Hawaii
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour is a must!