Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Fair cruise

Sail Date: March 31, 2007

My family recently sailed on the Pride of America for the first time. The ship was very nice and we were all very impressed with how clean the ship was and how beautiful Hawaii is. The food was disappointing at the Aloha cafe when we first got on the ship but this improved greatly by the next morning and the rest of the cruise. All the other restaurants that we ate at had good food. My wife and I especially liked the fish at the Cadillac restaurant and I liked their hot wings and ice cream as well. The shows were mediocore compared to Royal Caribbean's entertainment. Our balcony room was cozy and we had plenty of room under the bed to store all of our luggage out of the way. I must say however that the room attendant never introduced herself to us and our room was not made up until late in the afternoon. NCL must either hire more people or people with a better service attitude in the future if they want me to cruise with them again. Furthermore I was not impressed to find that all the restaurants close at a certain time of day and we find that after coming back from an excursion one day that we had to wait for about 1/2 hour before being able to eat. This is not acceptable to me.

Pros: The ship was beautiful and the ports were fantastically beautiful

Cons: Overall service by staff was not good and specialty restaurants were hard to get

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!

Hilo, Hawaii
Beautiful port...but it's in Hawaii, right? We visited the Volcano National Park and I recommend this to others.
Hilo, Hawaii
Kahului, Maui
Very beautiful port. We rented a convertible and drove around and found lots of shopping available and lots of beautiful scenery. Don't forget your camera and I recommend spending lots of time on this port for discovery.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
I wish I had spent more time here. This is another beautiful port and worth discovering different things. As was amazed that there are lots of Rooster's and chickens and this port. Be prepared to hear them when you pull up to the port in the morning when having breakfast on the back of the ship.
Nawiliwili, Kauai