Pacific Princess Cruise Review to South Pacific - Tahiti

French Polynesia is a great place to visit via ship

Sail Date: November 07, 2015

I have always dreamed of going to French Polynesia. Booking a cruise is the best way to see the islands without having to worry about food, transportation, and/or how to book excursions.  I usually take large cruise ships a few times a year to enjoy the shows, food, spa, etc ... but this ship isn't for that.  The ship is small, the pool closes by 8pm.  The pool bar closes by 8pm.  The shows are one step up from high school performances.  The casino is small, and the dining options are limited.  Some of the lounges and my bathroom smelled of mildew and mold.  They do all they can to keep this ship in shape ... but it is where fun goes to die.  If you are 80 yrs old, then this ship is perfect for you.

I had a great trip, one of the best trips of my life.  And the Pacific Princess fitted all my needs to facilitate a trip to French Polynesia.  But for any other destination, I can't imagine sailing on it again.

Cabin is a typical inside cabin. The stateroom had a lot of storage space. The bathroom is small, and our bathroom when checking in and throughout the voyage smelled of mold and mildew. Also when we put up the AC in the room you can detect mildew.
Entertainment was laughable. You'd rather go to bed early than stay up, see the shows out of pity for the performers.
The buffet food was delicious!

Only take this ship if you are going somewhere that requires a small vessel. Bring a ton of sunblock and good velcro water shoes. I recommend Keen.