Trip was great, food was meh

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Ovation of the Seas

7 Night Alaska Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 27, 2021

Ship: Ovation of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11214

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The trip was great, mostly because of the people we traveled with. We have never been on a ship that the buffet was closed for dinner, we usually go play cards in the windjammer after dinner and a show, but you couldn't. It was really hard to find places to play cards. I did appreciate that you didn't have to wear masks in the solarium and once you sat down at the show.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

The main dining room had 2 nights with good food, the rest of it was just mediocre at best. The chocolate desserts were like eating spoonfuls of cocoa powder, the no sugar added desserts were better than all of the other desserts. The windjammer was a buffet like all buffets (I live in vegas) the food is fine but nothing outstanding, you get full.

This balcony was the most cramped one we have been on, and we have sailed on all of the big lines. The ship as a whole felt cramped, no huge big open spaces like I was used to seeing. The bed felt like a sheet of plywood with a sheet over it, I would have rather slept on my camping cot. We traveled with 5 couples and every single person complained about how hard the mattress was.

Ports of call

Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska

Juneau, Alaska

Skagway, Alaska

Sitka, Alaska

CRUISE ENDICOTT ARM & DAWES GLACIER

It was late in the season (I've always done this cruise in june and july) and there were hardly any waterfalls, obviously this isn't something they can change, most of the snow was already melted.

Disembarkation