Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Second Mate

Ovation is an amazing playground for families

Sail Date: May 10, 2016

Cabin: 11221

An amazing ship for all ages of passengers.

Fabulous and unique production shows.

The Windjammer buffets were excellent in every way, the staff could not have been more helpful.

I do NOT care for the "Dynamic Dining" reservation system as it prohibits people from, randomly, meeting others (as with the "anytime" dining in main dining rooms of most ships).

For that reason I may not sail on Quantum-class ships again.

The BEST inside cabin I have ever experienced on any cruise-ship or cruise-line. It was well-designed, spacious and I loved the ceiling-to-floor "virtual balcony" feature.
Great to have a kettle for coffee/tea. Loved the large couch and big selection of storage space.
This cruise was the middle of 3 consecutive.
Unfortunately I had to move to an unsatisfactory cramped, solo studio for the next leg of the journey.
Had to wonder why I was not told that I could leave my clothes on hangars for the staff to move for me??. As it was, I had to pack everything in my luggage then unpack.
Exceptionally clean always.
Design could have allowed for more deck space around outdoor pool and a larger exercise studio for morning stretch etc.
Did not take excursions.
Enjoyed all ports of call.
Zumba sessions with Belle were A1.
Jazz/tap with Carolyn excellent.
Magic Mike puts a new spin on "Thriller!"
Excellent choice of activities and facilities.
The production shows are lavish and brilliant!
Most guest performers were excellent.
Music around the ship was varied, something to please everybody.
Great Cruise Director.
Long line-ups at Guest Services most of the time.
Also for internet assistance.
Crown and Anchor service not up to standard of most RCCL ships.
All other services from staff and crew were very good.
Windjammer food selection and presentation was excellent for this cruise. Not happy, as a solo traveller, with "Dynamic Dining" system as it allows for no opportunities to meet new people.
Restaurant food was satisfactory, the staff tried hard to please.
Loved the atmosphere of the Solarium Bistro.

Make reservations in advance for the main shows. They are amazing!
If travelling solo and the cruise is for more than one week, do NOT book an inside, solo studio cabin. They are very small. The regular inside staterooms cost more but are superb and have the large "virtual balcony". ENJOY!