Great scooter cruise ship

Oosterdam Cruise Review to Mexico

10 Night Sea Of Cortez (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 23, 2011
Ship: Oosterdam
Cabin Type: Suite
We have cruised a number of times but this is the first time we have taken my mobility scooter along. This ship and its personnel handled my scooter great and I just "scooted" all over the ship all day long. That past few cruises have been hard trying to get to things but I am back in full form again with my scooter. I really appreciate how open they are to bringing a scooter aboard and how easy it is to use on the ship. The electrical outlets are US type so that was fine for recharging it. Elevators and restaurants were easy to maneuver and every thing had easy access. Some excursions take the scooter too. It would be very helpful if excursions noted that in their summaries. Thank you so much!

Had a nice variety.

The shows were better than average. I am glad to see them of this quality.

Always made sure we had what we needed.

It was very clean and wonderful imaginative fresh flower arrangements everywhere.

We love the concierge suites. They even do your laundry for you. Had plenty of room for the scooter inside the suite.
This bird and dolphin cruise was no match to the one in Guaymas.
The people of Loreto were truly happy to have us come. We did the baked clam excursion and it was great. Such a nice atmosphere and great home cooked Mexican food. The clams were wonderful.
Don't Miss: baked clams
We love this port. The ship anchored out by the rocks and arch. We enjoyed watching all the activities from our veranda on board. The scenery from our verandah was wonderful.
Took the city and beach walk - did it with my scooter. The beach walk is glorious with all the sand sculptures. We cook our own Mexican lunch at a restaurant. That was fun and informative. Now I can make good salsa and all the other things we made. It was a good excursion.
Don't Miss: The beach walk with all the sculptures - both sand and permanent ones.
The bird and dolphin cruise was so good. Had an excellent narrator on board (owner's wife). They could call in the dolphins to swim with their waves the boat made. Saw lots of dolphins in close diving through our wake. Was an excellent excursion. The port is very clean and attractive.

Pros: Shows, suite, ease of using my scooter, food variety

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!