Oosterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Best vacation ever!

Sail Date: August 29, 2010

My wife and I struggled for a long time deciding which of the many ships/cruise lines to take. We made the right choice here. The Oosterdam is a great ship. Friends of ours took Princes in June and didn't get nearly as close to the glaciers as we did. While viewing glaciers we were as close a 1/4 mile of Margerie Glacier.
The entire crew were always wearing a smile and went out of their way to accomodate us in any way.
Would I take a cruise on this ship or on Holland America again? You bet!!
This was our 1st cruise but won't be our last. We will start with Holland America in selecting future cruises.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Could have spent more time in Glacier Bay National Park

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!

I often went the wrong way on the ship. Not the ships fault, they have plenty of signs. It's all good though as I got plenty of exercise.
Great!
The Lido food is 4 star. The Vista is 5 star.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Sitka, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska

Don't Miss: TAKE A FLOAT PLANE RIDE OVER THE GLACIERS!!!!!!! WOW!!!