Awesome boat but lacks entertainment

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 07, 2018

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

As I shared in my posts the cruise was good. This was our 8th cruise but not our favorite. It started with the steamer getting taken with nobody being able to tell us why and it continued with the lack of entertainment. The ports were all good with st Martin being the best. Labedee had changed with a lot lore people trying to get you to buy stuff but the beach is still wonderful. Will cruise with royal again but I will base it off of entertainment that is being offered.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

We did the 3 night dining package as well as the drink package. Food was only worth the price at chops in my opinion. The food in the main dining area and buffet were just fine with me.

The aqua show was good but none of the other shows were interesting for us to attend. This was the first cruise we went on where the tv in the rooms didn't have a movie channel as well which sucked.

Service was excellent from our room steward to our waiters and bartender's but the main problem we had is when we were getting our luggage on the first day we had a prohibited item which was a steamer. The website showed nothing of this being not allowed and when we asked security and the customer service why it wasn't allowed they could not give us a reason.

Balcony room was great just didn't realize there would be as many kids as there was in the section of the boardwalk. So if you dont have kids and are looking at a balcony stay away from the boardwalk area.

Ship tip

The boat is amazing and I will definitely cruise with royal again but it's not the best cruise for couples in there lates 20s

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Disembarkation