Favorite ship I have been on

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 15, 2017

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 11311

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We selected this cruise for the ship. It was well worth the wait and excitement. So much to do and all done very nicely. We have already booked a cruise on a sister-ship since we enjoyed it so much.

Embarkation

With a ship this large, I expected to wait to get through and on to the ship. I was on the boat within 20 minutes of entering the building. They have this process down. Very smooth and fast!

Ship experiences

We loved the food and dining room experience. The wait staff was the best we have had (20+ cruises). Food was wonderful, and they would bring out additional items to our table that they thought we might enjoy trying.

You can do as much or as little as you want on this ship. There is something for everyone! We enjoyed the pools and many activities for kids. Even with 6000 passengers, there was always room to find a place by the pool.

The shows are different than anything I had seen before. I have always enjoyed the shows on RC, but this one took it up a notch. Wonderful, and worth going to!

My kids are older (12, 17) and did some of the teen program items which were fun. This ship offers a great deal for children, which is wonderful.

Everyone went out of their way to ask if they could help or if we were enjoying our time. The RC service is always great.

For a ship this size, I thought it may be difficult to get around. They have spaced things in a way that makes it less likely to have too many people in one area of the ship. It was easy to get around, and lots of great areas to discover.

Very clean and nice. We had 3 in the cabin, which made it tight when the bed was out. Other than that, it was great location and nicely done.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

We have been here several times. It is good to learn that there is a beautiful, and less busy area in the very back (take the tram) that has shade and beautiful beaches. It is worth the extra time to get back there.

Falmouth, Jamaica

Everyone there is very welcoming. We did a city tour and learned a ton. Love coming to Jamaica.

We have been here several times, so did not do a formal excursion. There was a ton of shopping and bars right off the pier which made for a fun day.

Disembarkation

Just as getting on, they have getting 6000 people off the boat an easy and fast process. I was worried about having an earlier flight, so I booked a later one. I could have easily made an 11:30 am flight with as quickly as we were able to get off the ship.