Waste of money, if not for being with my family..if would have been a waste of time.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 13, 2017

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Review Summary

I will Cruise Carnival again, before I ever dare waste money on Royal Caribbean. I also never got my free dinner at Johnny Rockets as promised by CruiseOnly.com.

Embarkation

No real help for people whom have a problem walking gangway...waited so long, We ended up walking anyway.

Ship Experiences

Food was only decent in Main Dining Hall, although they often ignored my food allergies. Kept sitting us by kitchen. Buffets in Windjammer was nasty. Fake ice cream , made with some stuff in cartons. I didn't eat most of the 7 days on cruise...if I did it was in Dining Hall. Still got charged gratuity.

No real onboard activities for people 20-40, unless you like shopping for overpriced stuff or casinos. Pools were overcrowded, and 15 deck was full of smokers. We never got the Free Rock-climbing we were promised as a perk. No real clubs for my 20's something daughter. Teens had more social time. This cruise is not for singles. It's for old people, couples and teens.

Saw a few shows.., most were horrible accept the Frozen in Time, and the last nights comedy acts.

Waiters were nice for the most part, *Room steward hardly changed our sheets, and kept rehanging dirty towels. Room was way too small for a price. Two women in 1 bed? Very Dirty couch, couldn't sit on it.

It's a nice ship, seemed well-maintained, although they seem to do maintenance at weird times, near my boardwalk room, outside.

The dirties couch I ever saw. Needs replacing. Size small for two people. Would rather had two beds.

I had a dress taken from my luggage, and staff treated me so bad, as if it was my fault I had no dress for a special All-white party we booked as a family. They never explained how my dress disappeared...yet called me at inconstant times to ask the same questions. They didn't help me resolve the matter but I was harassed for a day and a half. Which took away from the enjoyment of my trip.

Ports Of Call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Items missing from Luggage. No explanation or compensation.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

We did a private excursion. All family, on a Catamaran trip of 40 ppl, for 5 hours around island. There was unlimited, drink, food,...very nice company. Ship called "Quality Time" . It was the best part of trip/cruise.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Rained the entire time. Royal cancelled all excursions.

Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)

Nice Beach, but way too hot. I almost passed out walking back to ship. Water was murky, and the coral seemed to be made of cement. There was no feeling of this being Haiti, or the Caribbean; it's Just a man-made beach, with a waterpark and overpriced Zip lining. Food was brought from ship..like the Windjammer-type food. Needless to say I did not eat anything in Labadee(food is bad-ie).

Disembarkation

Late..and confusing. No wheelchair as promised.