Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Decent despite the amount of people on board

Sail Date: June 25, 2016

Overall I had a good time, I bought an ocean view balcony for my girlfriend and myself for our second anniversary. The room was to be expected. There was like 5 channels on the television in english. Absolutely, everything on the cruise was an up-sell. They want you to pay for literally everything. The only free amenities are a few shows, most of the food, and pool access but other than that you're expected to pay for absolutely everything else. Also, I understand that 7000 people are being fed everyday but the amount of corner cutting that happens in the kitchen is unreal. With the amount of money that the cruise line rakes in there's no excuse for it. One of my meals said it came with mango coleslaw, however, when it arrived my chicken was garnished with wilted lettuce in a puddle of watered down mayonnaise, no joke. So the food experience was hit or miss. It was my girlfriend's first cruise so I didn't want to tell her my disappointment with some of the aspects. For the most part I didn't feel claustrophobic with the amount of people on board except when it came to the pools. The ship could definitely use a few more. The only time the pools weren't at capacity was after 5 when people started to filter out to get ready for dinner. All-in-all it was a relaxing time but I in no way felt that it was worth the exorbitant amount I paid. I won't cruise on this ship again and I hear all of Royal Caribbean's ships upsell everything as well so I'll probably go back to Princess in the future.

It's to be expected. At least the balcony had a small table and chairs. The television is worthless unless you want to spend more for movies or streaming to get more than the 3 channels you get in english.
Needs more pool capacity
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Rented a car and drove the island. The first turn off the highway brought us to their newest hotel where we were able to park and snorkel over a beautiful reef right off shore where the dive boats take all of the tourists.
Falmouth, Jamaica
The city of Falmouth is a literal slum. I'm sure Royal Caribbean saved a ton of money buying the port in this dump.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Ridiculous amounts of rules on where you can and can't go in the water. You think I'd be allowed to explore more after paying so much money but go figure.

Make your dinner reservations in advance. Don't expect high quality dining.