Good but not Quite Great

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 05, 2015
Ship: Oasis of the Seas

The ship is an incredible thing. Big, smooth, and lots to do. I rarely even felt the wave action. The BOGO drink package made that part affordable and convenient.  The room and dining service was impeccable. Always friendly and timely. The shore excursions were incredible! I did the private island in Haiti, The Falls in Jamaica, and a scuba dive in Cozumel. All worth the time and money. I do have a few negatives. The upcharges for dining seem a tad ridiculous. $6.95 for Johnny Rockets? $3-$10 for the Mexican place on the Boardwalk? Paying for Ice Cream? Seems kind of wrong. I know the ship cost a lot to operate, but the money should come from elsewhere. Some (2-3) of the casino dealers showed their extreme unhappiness with their jobs and employers.  I didn't like some of the jobs I've had in my life, but I never let my superiors or clients know about it. When I ask you how your day is I expect a neutral or positive response not a negative diatribe about how life sucks. Overall, a great adventure. I would probably not go on as big a ship again. Smaller ships seem to have more realistic upcharges and I want to feel the ocean sometimes. Cheers!

Great cabin and service throughout the trip.

Make sure to take towels with you when you leave the ship if needed. There are none to be had on the private island.