Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awesome Ship & Cruise - but bee careful when selecting the shore excursions.

Sail Date: August 15, 2015

Oasis of the Seas is truly a magnificent ship, when you think of all the things that have to be done to operate this monster ship and accommodate 6,000 guests, not to mention 3,000 crew members, it's really an amazing accomplishment. The promenade section of the ship is beautiful, and the solarium pool area offers an escape from the busy main pool area of the ship, but I think my favorite part of the ship was "Central Park" which is basically an open air  "Oasis" that covers most of the middle of the ship, complete with plants, flowers and even a few real birds (not sure if these were castaways, or birds that were introduced to this area) - in any case, this area which also houses a café and three of the ship's specialty restaurants is unique. The only downside of the cruise was a shore excursion in Jamaica (Royal Code - FYB6) which consisted of a long bus ride to Montego Bay and then you were allowed to "shop" in Montego Bay for about two hours before you were taken back to the ship. Eventhough the guide for this tour was friendly and informative, this simply was not worth $90.00 for two people. Apart from this bad experience, the ship itself makes this cruise a must!.

I was very disappointed with the shore excursion in Jamaica (Royal Code - FYB6) - the guide was great, but the excursion itself I though was a waste of time and money, my wife and I would have been happier staying on the ship)