Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Disappointment of the Seas

Sail Date: April 05, 2014

Cabin: GTY

did give me the best price, and it was easy to book, none of my review includes .

I have been on 11 cruises over 6 cruise lines.

Day one on ship everything seems fine until the dining room. A week before embarkation I reserved a private table for me & fiance. Once I get to the dining room, they try to set us at a large table full of people. This is how i've always done dinner in the past and it is OK, however I did make my request and was accepted a week previous for a table for 2. I explain this to the dining room manager, she replies to me loud enough for the whole area to hear: "What, do you hate people so much that you can't sit next to them?"  How professional of her. I did eat in the dining room that night, and formal night only. The food was on par with their Monarch of the Seas, so I ate at the buffet the other nights, which wasn't so bad since it's the same food anyway.

My favorite island is Nassau, which this ship spent the least amount of time at. Didn't have time to eat breakfast and visit Atlantis.

St. Thomas looked like a freight yard and the boat spends the Most time at this island.

St. Maarten was enjoyable, specifically airport beach.

Reservations for shows are highly recomended. I didn't reserve for the comedy show, and never got to see it. This is my fault for not reserving; I think the room holds 40 people.

The highlight of the entertainment was Mo5aic, a music group out of Las Vegas. Improv show was also good.

The "neighborhoods" are unique for a ship, but they don't draw the crowd. If you want to visit the buffet, you must wait in line before entering as it is always over crowded.

This ship is like a floating tourist attraction rather than a relaxing cruise. Everyone I overheard had seen it on TV and wanted to sail.

I did love the ship itself, but the staff, entertainment, and food for 7 days is definitely lacking.

I suppose the price is worth it if you want bragging rights.

Very unique and impressive
Low class ship food.
Stateroom was fine.
Besides stateroom attendant, rude & not helpful.
Only Mo5aic keeps it from being bad.
Children's Programs N/A
Generally Something going on, if not just free pizza.
Not enough time at Nassau, St. Maarten, Too Much time at St. Thomas
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
I live in FL
I love Atlantis, though didn't have enough time to visit this trip.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Didn't enjoy this industrial island.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Airport beach very fun

See Mo5aic, See the iguanas on the pier at St. Thomas, Reserve all shows before you board.