Poor service!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Sun

This was our first cruise on Norwegian and it would take a super offer for us to consider this cruise line again. We needed to report water on our bathroom floor six times over three days before the problem was fixed. My husband has cancer and has minimal immunity to fight infection. He also had some foot surgery. He was cleared by his cancer and foot doctor to travel but to be cautious. Without warning we would get water on our bathroom floor. Both of us had water on our feet and clothes. We were told it was from the condenser from the air conditioner. We would report it and it would be "fixed" only to occur again.  Due to my husband's history I expressed concern to the supervisor. When it was "fixed" the dirty towels and mats were left in our bathroom. Poor communication existed regarding the repair of the problem. Also, I witnessed one of the bartenders who knocked over a bottle of liquor and the stopper fell on the floor. He picked it up and put it back on the bottle!!!  I also had the unfortunate experience of finding hair in my salad. For our poor experience we we're given a bottle of wine (we had a beverage package so not sure what that benefit was) some chocolate covered strawberries and complimentary dinner to one of their specialty restaurants (a $60 value). In my opinion, not even close to what we endured. I didn't bore you with details on the number of phone calls and communication issues. In addition, getting a beverage was an ordeal. It took an average of 15 minutes to get a drink!  (Every time!) Would not recommend this cruise line, especially this ship,  Norwegian Sun! We have cruised various other cruise lines, most recently Celebrity, and never had any problems! Especially as stressful and continued as on this cruise line. We purchased a balcony stateroom and expected much more of a quality cruise than we experienced.

The main dining seemed to be "dumbed down" to encourage spending extra

N/A

The best term to use was "tired and worn"

See review

No tips. You can't even find a bar that isn't busy. One bartender counted his receipts for five min before serving us.