Disapointing

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 26, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Sun
It seems that this free style cuising is just a way to cut back on quility and services. The main meals and buffet lacked in almost everything. It seemed like they were pushing you to the new types of Resturant (For a fee). The staff and service just didn't compare to other ships we have been on. NCL Better rethink this new freestyle cruising or they may start losing customers.
If you have never been here before, you'll really like it. I was here before they made all the changes, and it just isn't the same. Water sports are still wonderful, but some of the charm is gone. To much tar and cement. Don't shop in the new downtown area, go up six to eight blocks further. You will find the same things at extremely better prices. 98% of the locals are very honest and will not cheat you.
We been here two times before. The water sports are still great, but the town has lost it's charm. Now it's mostly tar and cement. When you get off the ship, they will tell you that this is the down town area (New) go about eigth blocks further to the (old) down town. You will get the same merchandise for MUCH less. The people are very honest and you will get quility and VERY GOOD prices.
They have very nice beaches, and the shark and turtle experiance was great. The city itself has alot to be desired. Found out when I got home that I couldn't give blood to the Red Cross for ONE YEAR, because I visited here.
One port that I'll stay on the ship if we every go there again.
Wonderful. Don't miss this beautiful place. It has everything to offer. Won't even mind flying there and staying awhile.
Loved it. It is beautiful, the people are very nice, would visit here again even to an extended stay.
make sure you go to the island if's great. the beach is beautiful, there is plenty to do, and the food is great (included no extra charge).
Beautiful beach, setup with comfort, shops, food, and beverages. All water sports are a go. Don't stay on the ship, this is a wonderful island.
One port that I'll stay on the ship if we every go there again.

Pros: the Shows

Cons: Free Style Dinning/Lack of staff

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.