Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Purser

Amazing adventure into the Baltics!

Sail Date: August 27, 2016

Room Type: Suite

This cruise provided the right amount of time and excursions to see this amazing part of the world.     Aside from a temp shift at the last minutes, it was all I expected.    The crew on the NCL Star were fabulous, the entertainment was good ( could us a bit of updating) and the food options were plentiful.  I love my mini suite and balcony...which enabled me to get up early each morning to see the sun rise and watch as we pulled into each Port.  I will say one very important thing...do NOT skimp on excursions.   Many on the cruise did a HOP on/off and were not able to get tickets into some of the main attractions (VASA, St Petersburg Palaces and the Hermitage)  in the port cities and were very disappointed. 2 groups were late coming back to the ship from alternate tours or on their own in St Petersburg, but thankfully it was day 1, but if it was Day 2, the ship would have left them.      Thank you Elise Mahaney for all your help in planning this fabulous trip!

Loved the size and the balcony. We had plenty of room, clothes storage etc. Teh bed was very comfortable
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rostock (Berlin), Germany
This was a long TRAVEL excursion for a short amount of time in Berlin...but glad I did it. Just didn't expect 95 degree weather with no AC on the train :(
Tallinn, Estonia
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Helsinki, Finland
Honestly there was not a lot to see in the town....so be sure to do Porvoo....quaint village about 45 minutes outside the city. Loved it!
Stockholm, Sweden
My favorite....Old town, the ICE Bar is a must and the VASA will take your breath away. See All sides of the city....best part was the Archipelagos entering the port town.....

Double check your cabin location prior to sailing to be sure you are not over or under the lounge or noisy area. A couple of nights they had to shut the music way down in the lounge to be respectful of the passengers. We had a forward cabin which made navigating the ship fairly simple.

1 Comment