Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Norwegian Star Needs to be Docked...along with Norwegian

Sail Date: June 25, 2016

Having taken five cruises in eighteen months, I have come to enjoy cruising.

This particular Norwegian trip was very unsatisfying,. The venue of ports where we went was of tremendous interest. However, the ship experience was very underwhelming.

The Norwegian Star is old and tired. The entertainment was the weakest of any cruise I have been on. The activities were less than others. individually, the work staff was friendly and very attentive. Upper management was lazy and disinterested. There was an mechanical engine problem on the ship causing an eight hour departure delay. While these things can happen, management played no role what so ever in addressing the reasonable concerns of the nervous guests. Instead, very busy selling Bingo tickets and liquor  packages, but completely disinterested in addressing the serious delay issues at hand. The disembarking process was so poorly managed it appeared fights were about to break. The passengers were reduced to only pushing and shoving. I will continue to cruise, but It will require a lot of convincing to get me on another Norwegian boat. I suspect. this response will be of little interest to Norwegian. They showed no interest this week when over 1,000 passengers were left to guess their fate. In fact already I have booked a Celebrity Cruise.

Staff attentive and friendly.

Don't do it! find another cruise line!