Baltic Capitals Cruise

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

9 Night Baltic Capitals (Copenhagen Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Star
Cabin Type: Suite

The idea for this cruise was started by my brother and his wife last year.  Before I knew it, they had rounded up several couples to cruise with us.  Needless to say, I was not looking forward to the long flight from Seattle, but as the trip dates approached and detailed coordination was taking place regarding the port excursions, I was getting more and more excited about it.

We had been on the Norwegian Star on our Panama Canal crossing cruise, which we thoroughly enjoyed, but I'll have to say that this experience on the same ship was a bit different.  For one thing, I thought the cruise director (Mark) lacked enthusiasm, although my experience and enjoyment were not dependent on his actions.  I was expecting to enjoy the nightly Atrium entertainment with a glass of wine, but the area had been changed to a coffee bar.  The evening shows at Stardust did not appeal to me this time, but we found alternate venues for entertainment.

Due to weather conditions, our port stop in Stockholm, Sweden, was canceled.  That was not anybody's fault, but I was nevertheless disappointed in missing the opportunity to see Sweden.

Overall, Norwegian did its best to maintain its high standards that I have come to expect.

Acceptable, but the couch should be replaced as it wouldn't lock in place and the seat was constantly sliding out.
The Hop On, Hop Off tour bus was excellent. If time permits, take a walk in the town square near where city hall is located. Lots of shops and pedestrian friendly sidewalks.
Heard it rains almost everyday, so it would be a good idea to wear a hooded jacket or bring an umbrella.
Port stop was canceled due to weather.