Spring Break 2015

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 17, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star

This was first time cruising with the kids and first time with Norwegian. With it being Spring Break there were lots of college kids. Which were suprisingly very well behaved and very respectful, especially once they noticed little ones around. We sadly only had one port Cabo San Lucas which was an overnight. I guess it was good and bad. Good because, the ship was empty when we got back on the ship till the next morning. (College kids were having to much fun at the nightclubs which you could see and hear from the ship) And my kids took advantage of the pool and slides being empty. Now the bad part was that it was a 5 day cruise, I felt we should have had just one more stop.

We ate in the complimentry restaurants on board and they were good. The outdoor grill for lunch and had breakfast in the buffet.

Kids really had a great time. There were about 20 kids in each program. Which is pretty empty.

Room service was bad never received my orders. But, the food manager was amazing and was apologetic. When she would see me carrying trays in the buffet area she always went out of her way to help and asked if we needed anything.

Did not book excursion through the ship and opted to find our own tour guide. Once we got off the tender boat we saw there were plenty of locals with signs ready to you sightseeing. I say don't always go with the first price they give you. Negotiate.