Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fantastic Trip!

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

The cruise was great, entertainment is the best part of Norwegian's cruises. The food is good, lots of options. Everyone is nice and there is plenty of room and things to do. The ports were awesome, but let me say we like to adventure off and do things outside of the port or go on excursion! My favorite actual "cruise port" was costa maya you could spend a day here with out going anywhere else, Roatan is also amazing visually when coming in! Happy

Good amount of space, being near the outside of the ship (I was on the inside last time) is a lot louder than I thought it would be especially on a rough seas night. but nothing we didn't get over very quickly.
very easy and quick!
Tampa, Florida
If you have been to Tampa before, try ST. Petersburg, st. Pete beach and stay for the sunset!
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Loved this port, we decided last minute to do the trip to Tabyana Beach through the boat instead of just getting a taxi and once in port I realized we would have been fine getting a taxi too it was safe and easy and the taxi stand was right in port, but with that said the with the already paid excursion we didnt have to think about anything, do any haggling and it came with lunch and security on the beach - Albert was the best! beware it is a crowed beach but the snorkeling is unreal, have one of the locals tow you out on their kayak, they work on tips but will bring you out to see some great things! Oh yea and if you like getting your passport stamped they offer one here!
Belize City, Belize
We did a private excursion to Goff Caye, I recommend getting the first trip out so you can see the island before others get their. Also did some great snorkeling here with the excursions guides. Small but beautiful island, waters are amazing.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We did another private booking at Almaplena resort, its a small private hotel with a beautiful beach and very friendly staff, there was only 4 people on the beach all day - the bar makes great drinks and the food is unbelievable!! Monica is wonderful and so is her staff!
We did the sting ray beach encounter which was something new for us and we loved it. it was fun and educational the staff is great! If you have an underwater camera during the snorkel part I recomend giving it to the guide they will get some great pics for you. There is a small beach you can hang at after but it is nothing nice, it is a quick experience so I recommend maybe finding another beach to go to after or doing some shopping in the port, there is lots to buy! Sad to say margaritaville is not worth it!

This boat is very similar (almost identical) to their other boat the Dawn that I was on last year, that is probably my only complaint as i wish I got to experience something just a little different.