Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Great trip

Sail Date: July 05, 2015

Room Type: Suite

While not as luxurious as the larger ship I was on last year with Royal Caribbean, it was a very good experience overall. This is my first cruise with Norwegian so I have no larger ships of their line with which to draw a more even comparison with RCL's which was nearly twice as large. I would definitely recommend the Norwegian line with one proviso for travelers without children. Neither line seemed inclined to say anything to parents with unruly children, probably out of the desire not to stir up calm waters. However in both cases they both exposed themselves to serious repercussions from actions of small children which could  have exposed other cruisers to very real dangerous situations. Especially in the case of Norwegian where parents allowed their small children to sit on the steps in a darkened theater during a performance. NCL's case while not dangerous to other passengers was EXTREMELY distracting to diners in the area of the formal dining room where a small child was allowed to play with with a dinner knife continously beating it on a wine glass. That being said that seems to be the norm with all cruise ships as I have heard other horror stories from people who cruise frequently.

Most of the "lectures" were thinly disguised infomercials. Would have preferred more game type activities like trivia games, etc.

1 Comment