Good & Bad

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Baltic Capitals (Copenhagen Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 03, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Star
Cabin Number: GTY

This cruise was both good and bad.

The positives are the port itinerary it was absolutely phenomenal. So much to see but yet so little time. It was as if we were walking through history.

The evening entertainment shows were exceptional every night of the cruise. Be sure to catch Ian, the cruise director's magic show, he is a very accomplished magician.

The negatives. The lifeboat drill is a farce we never did know where our lifeboat would be in case of emergency. It was nothing like my previous five cruises.

In the Versailles  dining room at several times we had stained napkins, not very appealing. In our cabin our bathmat had a hole in about half of the cruise, again that did not leave a good impression.

In the café even though it was posted do not refill glasses or personal water bottles psgrs did it all the time it was a very unsanitary situation.

As for their shore excursions I only went on one invited personally booked most of my own. It was probably a good thing that I only did one. The tour operator gave us incorrect information about a shuttle bus and consequently we were stranded in town and had no ride back to the ship. A Cunard cruise ship representative was able to assist us to find a bus back to the ship. NCL refunded the cost of our bus ticket, but made no compensation for the 90 minutes we waited for a non-existent shuttle. I think they got off cheap since if we would have missed the ship they would have had to pay for transportation to our next port.

With the ships itinerary sunset arrives very late in the evening. April went out on deck to watch the sunset and afterwards many come indoors to look for something to eat ice cream or pizza or something. There is no food available at that time unless you go to the small Blue Lagoon restaurant. Again I don't feel this is very good planning.

I don't personally know the children seem to be happy on board

The crew was constantly doing maintenance however we did notice a big fender bender on the transom

Floormat had a hole in it half of the nine-day cruise
It probably would've been better had we not been stranded by the shore excursion operator