Norwegian nightmare ...!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: April 06, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Star

Don't know where to start. This cruise which I took with my two boys (3 and 5 yo) for spring brake turned out to be a pure nightmare. The ship is so old and stinky, especially in buffet areas.

I asked my room to be non smoking and when I came back on the first day in the evening I almost chocked from smock!!! They placed us bellow the casino area . It was a nightmare! My both boys would get staffed noses as soon as they were ready to sleep. On third night one of them developed fever and I called crying and asking to change the rooms. They gave me one inside room, and every night I was dragging everything for sleeping upstairs. Key for that room never worked ( I guess that's why it was available) and I had to knocked to somebody's door and ask to call service people to send somebody to open the door...

ATTENTION!!! KIDS CLUB!!!! It was absolutely horrible( the people were nice) but conditions just unbearable , it was 7 feet by 7 feet room with 20-25 kids from age 3-5!!! And you have to pick them up from 12-2 and 5-7.. so if you wanna have a nice dinner with your hubby- forget about it!!! they really need more staff and be more organized with time and space ! I paid 2400$ to be there ad have little bit time for myself too... Forget about it... When we came home we all got strapped throats, fever and body aches ..  So, if you want to spend your money , spend on something else! Don't go there !!!! DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY ON NIGHTMARE!!! Especially if you have kids!!!

Rooms are so small, 7feet by 7 feet. Room with 20-25 children from 3-5 y old... You are kidding me!!!! We had to pick up kids from 12-3 and from 5-7!!! Seriously ?!!! Get more staff and let parents enjoy the dinner time!

It smells really bad in buffet area, no quality shampoo or conditioner . TV doesn't have any kids channel. Carpets in some places so dirty that my feet would stick to it. Our room was horrible and I think you need a major repair for nice isolation! I really want my money back!!!

Really really bad!!! Smock coming from casino, people were walking above my head all the night, I went upstairs and you put us under " casino cashier " it was a nightmare, the most horrible room and experience I ever got!

Just don't go to this ship! Save your money!