Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not quite what I expected

Sail Date: October 16, 2011

The cruise was ok.

Pros: Interesting Ports of Call

Cons: Long lines everywhere

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

They are very diligent about sanitation. They sprayed me with hand sanitizer at every point. At first it was impressive. After a while, it was annoying. The decor could use some updating.
After a while, everything began to taste the same. The quality of food at restaurants with a surcharge was not spectacular and therefore not value to me.
The staff was very friendly and very international, although I felt frustrated at certain points as I felt they didn't understand what I was asking them.
The shows were a ton of fun and I was very glad that they were included with the price of my cruise.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Belize City, Belize
Find a local and ask them to take you around. We had a guy named Kevin who showed us the town and we really enjoyed it. We hear that the snorkeling in Belize is amazing, but we didn't get to experience it because the weather didn't cooperate with us.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I recommend that you plan an organized excursion at each port. We wanted to relax on a beach, but the whole time we were on the beach, someone was approaching us to sell us something. The one thing that was nice was the $10 massage for 45 minutes at the Mayan Princess Hotel Beach.