Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Ask before booking!

Sail Date: May 21, 2011

Most staff members were great, but the Thai passengers were extremely rude and overbearing. Every non-Amway passenger I spoke to was totally disgusted with their behavior. NCL and Amway should have had an exclusive cruise for these animals. NCL should NEVER expose other passengers to this type of abuse. Personally, I'll never spend another dime at NCL or Amway.

Pros: Onboard staff

Cons: 75% of passengers were Amway reps from Thailand and were VERY rude

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Having paid $5000 passage for three adults, I don't think we should have felt the need to spend an additional $25 per person, per day, for decent meals in the, "Specialty" Restaurants, which weren't all that, "Special". Menus seemed at least partially catered to the Thai contingent onboard.
Condition of stateroom was good, thanks mainly to a fantastic Room Steward, but felt small & cramped for three adults.
Balcony Suite, Category MA, is advertised as capable of housing four passengers, but was very cramped with only three adults. Public areas seemed clean and well-stocked.
Typical cruise ship fare, but too much emphasis on shopping.
Onboard staff were the best part of the cruise. Everyone was friendly and extremely helpful.
Skagway, Alaska
The train ride was excellent. Beautiful scenery and history of the area. Again, due to the length and time of the excursion, I didn't get to see much else of Skagway.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Took the Cultural and Hatchery tour to learn more about the area and to see eagles up close. I was not disappointed. Due to length and time of this excursion, I didn't get to see much of ketchikan.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
The Grizzly Bear excursion was awesome! Although requiring a long (1 1/2 hour each way) ride to the viewing spots, it was well worth it! For about twenty minutes we watched a mature female Grizzly go about her daily routine. Unforgettable!
Juneau, Alaska
Took the whale watching excursion and was not disappointed. Due to the length and time of this excursion, I didn't get to see much of Juneau.