Alaska by Ship...

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 18, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Star
Very clean & modern ship. Enjoyed the cruise very much as did my wife. Was dissapointed that there was always an additional cost involved on everything from the room ($12 per day per person) to a video game for the kids. I thought I paid for the cabin with my cruise payment, I could have made up my cabin for less than $24 a day. The hard sell to buy more than you wanted for example a glass of wine was always followed up with "you should buy the bottle it's cheaper". Well I only want a glass. The 15% tips are added to everything so even if the service was bad I you have zero choice in the matter. I actually think I would have tipped more if I was given the choice. Being forced just made me say enough is enough on the extra tipping.

The ship and the cruise (without the extra money having to be dolled out) was very nice and enjoyable. But call me old fashioned I still think that a few things could have been without charge. Would that really have hurt NCL's bottom line? I doubt it? Maybe even have made a few more dedicated customers.

Not enough time at this port.

Pros: Friendly staff/crew, nice ship, beautiful ports of call.

Cons: The nickle & diming you for everything. Some hard sell, everything cost to do anything. Even a game of bingo or a video game for the kids. After spending a large amount to take the cruise would it hurt to have a few things that didn't have a price tag attached?

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!