Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First time to Alaska & on a Cruise

Sail Date: July 31, 2010

This was a terrific no-hassle cruise. Staff was so friendly and welcoming.

Pros: Love the historical aspect of the destinations & the trip in Juneau to the So Sawyer glacier.

Cons: I think if we take another cruise (and we probably will based on this experience), I will try to book during school year so avoid the 700 children aboard. Although most were very well behaved, it was a little overwhelming. We purchased spa pkg that allowed us to get some "quiet time" :)

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

So relaxing and enjoyable aboard ship which was very beautiful and well appointed, clean.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Chose not to do an excursion, which I think was a mistake. Cute shopping area and good historical museum, but not much else.
Don't Miss: Although I did have a great cup of Moocha (Mocha espresso) at a little coffee shop. Sorry, can't remember the exact name, "Cow - somthing".
Ketchikan, Alaska
We did a walking tour which was excellent. Saw fish spawning in the Ketchikan creek. Go to the Halibut Hole on Creek Street.
Don't Miss: Dolly's House
Skagway, Alaska
Super train ride up through the area where folks rushed for gold to the Yukon territory.
Don't Miss: Any train excursion would be my first choice.
Juneau, Alaska
Took the excursion to the glacier and a great salmon bake at Gold Creek. Bus driver was very funny so we got to laugh a lot, and the trip to the Glacier through Juneau was fun and very informative.
Don't Miss: Mendenhall Glacier