Wonderful Experience

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 19, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Star
Our overall experience was very positive. We had a mini-suite for three people and it was quite spacious. The help was friendly, helpful, and really added to the enjoyment of the cruise.

There were many options but they all cost extra. I was stunned that bingo had an extra fee. I have not encountered that on other ships.

Exceptional staff. Everyone was always smiling.

Too many jewelry stores. I was told that there were 63 stores and only four of them were owned by natives. The push was to buy jewelry , not to explore Ketchikan.
Skagway is charming and the train ride is outstanding.
Don't Miss: The train ride.
Mendenhall Glacier is worth seeing. I enjoyed the salmon bake, too.
I took a cultural tour and saw the Indian dancers, which were quite different than those in Arizona and New Mexico. My kids went kayaking and loved the kayaking, which was strenuous.
Don't Miss: kayaking if you are fit enough.

Pros: I Liked being waited on by incredibly happy and helpful people from 59 different countries.

Cons: I disliked the constant push to buy jewelry and art - especially jewelry. There were stations all over the ship and also many jewelry stores at every destination. I heard that these jewelry stores were all owned by the various cruise lines.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!